Fix Electrical Contractors are here to help
Test and Tag Sydney
TEST & TAG ELECTRICIAN SYDNEY
Test and Tag is the process of inspecting and testing the safety of all service electrical equipment for personal safety. According to Safe Work Australia an average of 11 workers die each year as a result of contact with electricity. Testing and tagging saves lives.
The key reason behind regular testing and tagging is to ensure the safety of people within the workplace that come into contact with electrical appliances & equipment. It has the secondary benefit of minimsing the risk of an electrical hazard.
The AS/NZS 3760 is the Australian Standard that provides guidelines and regulations for the test and tag industry with regards to electrical safety. After an item has been tested a tag is secured to confirm that it has been tested, along with who tested it, the test date and when it must be tested again. Retesting intervals of electrical equipment can vary from 3 months to 5 years, depending on the workplace environment where the equipment is located.
Our team of qualified electrical contractors are based in Penrith and service across Sydney. At Fix Electrical Contractors we believe that every business should have access reliable test and tag services. We offer customised solutions to our clients, ensuring that we can meet every individual needs when it comes to test and tag.
Our highly skilled electricians specialise in test & tag ensuring the electrical safety of your business. All our test and tag services meet Australian Standard AS3760:2010 creating a safer work environment for everyone in your business.
Under taking Test & Tag in your workplace can help in the elimination of potential electrical hazards BEFORE they are a hazard. Our electricians are trained to look out for:
- Split or fraying cords and wires
- Safety switches that fail to trip
- Faults within existing wiring
- Electrical equipment that has suffered moisture damage
- Current leakages
- Earthing faults
- Resistance in insulation
WHO NEEDS TO TEST AND TAG?
High risk industries such as construction, demolition and mining are legislated to have their electrical appliances tested and tagged every 3 months. This is due to the harsh nature of their respective industries which are likely to cause damage to equipment at a fast rate.
For other industries there is a responsibility on the employer to ensure the safety of its employees. Employers have a duty of care to ensure that employees and visitors to your workplace are safe from injury and risk to health. Under the new Work Health & Safety Act, Australian Standards 3760 and 3012, every business is required to maintain all electrical equipment and appliances.
The last thing businesses want is for an employee to be hurt from electrical equipment that wasn’t tested and was unsafe. Test and Tag should be become part of a regular maintenance program for business using any electrical equipment.
OUR TEST & TAG PROCESS
- Visual Inspection – 90% of all electrical faults found at this stage. This is the most important aspect of testing and tagging.
- Electrical Testing – Testing is carried out with a Portable Appliance Tester as per Australian Safety Standards.
- Appliance Tagging – A pass or fail tag is placed onto each piece of electrical equipment depending on the testing results.
- Reporting – An asset register and pass & fail report will be provided to you upon completion.
- Booking Reminders – Our team send retesting reminders and booking details so that your testing is always current.